Pidcock Family Reunion Celebration: Saturday, August 15, 2015
The reunion will be held in General Sullivan Pavilion in Washington Crossing Historic Park.
The festivities got under way at noon with a picnic lunch beginning at 1 o’clock.
Association president John Moore encourages family members with questions and/or suggestions to send them to him at: email@example.com.
For many Pidcocks, a family reunion just isn’t complete without a visit to the (Pidcock)-Thompson-Neely House in Washington’s Crossing Historical Park, PA. which is open Thursdays through Sundays.
Some time prior to 1680, John Pidcock established a trading post on the western shore of the Delaware, on a 505 acre tract of land called by the Lenape Indians Win-Na-Haw-Caw-Chunk. The trading post appears on a 1680 map and William Penn acknowledged and honored Pidcock’s prior claim to this land, part of Pennsylvania, granted to Penn by King Charles II in 1681.
Sunlight outlines the oldest portion of the house, a one room cabin with hearth dating to 1702. Architectural evidence indicates the cabin was originally log or clapboard.